Because religion is laughable

I Genuinely Just Want Evidence

Funny I Genuinely Just Want Evidence Cartoon Picture
I genuinely just want evidence for this god you claim. Jesus! Jesus! God! God!

My wife is a theist.  She imagines improbable things which are very real to her, but which only exist in her mind.

This is source of tremendous conflict for us.  She wants me to believe her, to trust her, but since I no longer believe, I've gotten into the annoying habit of asking her for evidence. This annoys her, firstly because she think it means I doubt her word, and secondly because she has to provide evidence that is usually non-existent too.

My wife is also mentally ill.  Genuinely. She has bipolar disorder with severe psychosis. She imagines improbable things which are very real to her, but only exist in her mind.

This is source of tremendous conflict for us.... but you get my drift.

You see, it is like this with any unlikely proposition you want me to believe.  It doesn't matter how good a proposition it is, or how good you are as a person.  As long as there is insufficient evidence for the improbable, the sane mind should reject it.